Bands and Ensembles
Tunes and Compositions
Cracks and Shadows
- "An enchanting mosaic of melody and rhythm." - Washington Post
- "Full of both intricate ensemble musicianship and improvisational joy.... It's clear Wiesler and
his cohorts... are virtuosos." - The Journal
- The arrangements are "lush and complex, and well worth paying attention to.
There are quite a few ingenious moments where the unexpected happens, where tunes morph and
kaleidoscope and build." - Potomac Valley Scottish Fiddle Club
To view the entire text of a review, click below:
Washington Post, Mike Joyce, April 13, 2001
Journal Newspapers, Lou King, April 13, 2001
Potomac Valley Scottish Fiddle Club, Julie Gorka, April, 2001
Gazette Newspapers, April 11, 2001
Comments from Other Listeners
- Laura Risk: "I just wanted to tell you that I totally love your new CD! The tunes and
arrangements are just beautiful. It's like all the best things about
Scottish dance music and English dance music and classical music
combined. The ensemble is so full and well-orchestrated. And your
playing, of course, is great.... Congratulations!"
- Elaine Brunken: "I love the cd....I play it at work all the
time, and people stop and ask what it is? ...
Awesome....... you have such a gift.......it should be shared with so many
- Jonathon Jensen: "Thumbs up! Congratulations on a terrific concert and wonderful recording! I really
like how you're able to combine your tunes into longer forms - and of
course, some of the tunes are practically little suites in themselves."
- Jenn Sawin: "Don't know the right words to thank you for making this CD. Judy's
Jubilation had me waltzing around the living room on the first listening,
with the cat in my arms. Today (on the computer drive at work) the same
track has brought me a little island of peace in the middle of a
particularly trying day. We may need a second copy so I can keep one at the
- Dr. Julie MacRae, University of Virginia Medical Center: "Your CD is a real hit in the operating room.
All the nurses are raving about it. The surgeons like it because it's soothing but not soporific."
- Dave's dad: "Hail, Maestro! ... Very professional sounding."